I absolutely love Rosemary essential oil!
This is one of my favorite to use for healthy hair growth, memory, and I hear it is great for cooking! If you don't have fresh Rosemary, replace about a tablespoon with 1-2 drops (taste to get right amount). Perfect for roasts, soups, and stews.
Rosemary has a woody, evergreen like scent and is part of the mint family. In recent research, it’s been shown to boost nerve growth factor and support the healing of neurological tissue and brain function.
A study was conducted out of Meikai University, School of Dentistry in Japan that interestingly evaluated how 5 minutes of lavender and rosemary aromatherapy affected the salivary cortisol levels (the “stress” hormone) of 22 healthy volunteers.
Native to the Mediterranean, the wooded evergreen has been used in folk medicine for thousands of years to:
More recently, it has become a popular ingredient in many skin and hair care products due to its cleansing, germ destroying properties and researchers are starting to dig deeper into its medicinal characteristics.
10 ROSEMARY USES!
1. HEALTHY HAIR GROWTH! Apply 5 drops of Rosemary oil to scalp and massage in after showers or simply add 3 drops Rosemary oil to your shampoo in your daily shower.
2. MEMORY JOGGER! Research shows inhaling Rosemary can improve memory by 75%! Diffuse 3 drops Rosemary, 3 drops Lemon, and 2 drops Peppermint to jog memory.
3. REDUCE & RELIEVE SPIDER VEINS! Mix 5 drops Rosemary, 5 drops Cypress, 2 drops Patchouli and 2 drops AromaTouch with 1 tbsp Fractionated Coconut Oil and massage into legs in an upward motion towards the heart, starting at the ankles and working your way up to the upper thigh.
4. SINUS FOOT BATH! Mix 2 tbsp of Epsom Salts with 2 drops Rosemary, 1 drop Ginger, and 1 drop White Fir. Mix in a tub of warm water and soak feet for 10-15 minutes to decongest and open sinuses.
5. HOMEMADE VAPOR RUB! Mix 2 drops Melaleuca, 4 drops Eucalyptus, 5 drops Rosemary, 2 drops Lemon, 4 drops Peppermint, and 3 drops Cypress in a based of Fractionated coconut oil and apply over chest. Also apply over feet at night covered with socks.
6. MAJOR IMMUNE SYSTEM BOOST! Combine 7 drops Rosemary, 4 drops Eucalyptus, 4 drops Lemon, 2 drops Cinnamon, 3 drops Clove and 2 drops Frankincense. Blend together in a base of Fractionated Coconut Oil and apply to feet covered with socks at least four nights in a row.
7. WARM COMPRESS to ease HEAD TENSION! Mix 2 tbsp Epsom Salts, 4 drops Rosemary, 3 drops Roman Chamomile, 2 drops Lavender, 2 drops Marjoram, and 1 drop Clary Sage together in 1 quart of warm-hot (but not boiling) water. Dip wash cloth into mixture and apply to back of the neck and keep dipping as needed and applying for at least 20 minutes.
8. IMMUNE BOOSTING DIFFUSER BLEND! Add 3 drops Bergamot, 2 drops Clary Sage, 3 drops Rosemary, 3 drops Melaleuca, and 3 drops Thyme into your favorite diffuser and enjoy it’s purifying and cleansing benefits. Relieves runny nose, cough, night sweats, etc.
9. MORNING SUNSHINE DIFFUSER BLEND! Add 4 drops Rosemary and 4 drops Grapefruit into your favorite diffuser and enjoy!
10. Soothing BLEND: Mix 5 drops Eucalyptus 5 drops White Fir, 3 drops Marjoram, 5 drops Wintergreen (or Birch), 3 drops Peppermint, 10 drops Lavender, and 5 drops Rosemary in a 10ml roller bottle topped with FCO. Apply to areas of discomfort or areas needing help reducing puffiness, irritation or water retention. .
Wellness Advocate, BSN,RN