I am amazed how many adults have difficulty swallowing pills. Every day I have the pleasure of teaching people how to swallow pills - and freeing them from a little fear and anxiety. Then when I teach classes and get to the part about how important nutritional supplements are, one of the most common detergents - you guessed it, "I can't swallow all those pills!"
Here is some truth, to re-tell the story of pill taking. No matter what your pills look like, they are probably still smaller than any meat that you swallow - with even the most thorough chewing. Green beans are bigger than most pills. If time is your thing - I've timed it and it take just as much time to unscrew a soda or beer bottle, to pour a glass of water or coffee, as it takes to take supplements! Good news, right!
I love my supplements - I experience more energy, I feel better, sleep better since taking them - that is 6 capsules. I don't want you to miss out on this goodness because you think that you can't swallow 6 capsules every day. So... if it's medicine or supplements - you can do it! Maybe just a change in technique, and mindset.
Researchers asked about 140 people with difficulty swallowing pills to test this method with their eyes closed, swallowing large and very large pills. The result: a 60% improvement in swallowing over the old method of just taking a sip of water from a cup and trying to swallow.
Study participants had even more success with a technique for swallowing capsules called the lean-forward method:
So, now if you are curious about feeling better, sleeping better and having more energy and you want to perfect your pill swallowing - just let me know! I'd love to tell you more about the supplements that I trust!
Essential oils are volatile aromatic compounds extracted from plants, fruit, seeds, roots, and bark and have powerful health benefits. They can be used for a wide array of purposes for your health, home, and homemade recipes.
Using essential oils to support your health is called aromatherapy and natural-minded, holistic people have been doing this for thousands of years. When essential oils enter the bloodstream, they have an effect on the whole body. They can enter the bloodstream through various application methods (diffusing, topical use, internal use) and circulate through the bloodstream and interact with tissues and cells throughout the body.
1) Lavender. Lavender has been cherished for it’s unmistakable aroma and beneficial properties for thousands of years. The Swiss Arm knife of plant medicine - all things calming.
2) Frankincense. Renowned as one of the most prized and precious essential oils, Frankincense has extraordinary health benefits. It’s soothing and beautifying properties are used to rejuvenate skin and reduce the appearance of imperfections. When in doubt, use Frankincense!
3) Melaleuca. More commonly known as “Tea Tree,” Melaleuca essential oil has over 92 different compounds and limitless applications.
4) Peppermint. The peppermint plant is a hybrid of the watermint plant and spearmint and is, personally, one oil I could not live without.
5) Lemon. The top-selling essential oil, Lemon has multiple benefits and uses. Lemon is a powerful cleansing agent that purifies the air and surfaces, and can be used as a non-toxic cleaner throughout the home.
Cleanses and purifies the air and surfaces
Naturally cleanses the body and aids in digestion
Promotes a positive mood
How to Use:
Add Lemon oil to a spray bottle and spray on surfaces, tables, sinks and countertops
Diffuse in your home to create a uplifting environment
Take 1-2 drops in a veggie capsule to assist with seasonal respiratory discomfort
Essential Oil Quality
The most important thing about essential oils is knowing that not all essential oils are created equal. Where a plant is grown has a major impact on it’s constitution, which then determines the potency of the plant. Additionally, harvesting the right part of the plant at the right time is a major determiner in the quality of an essential oil.
I did a lot of research into what oils I could trust. I would love to share with you the oils that I love and trust! They are a step above any other essential brand I have ever used. They have a very strict testing standards and harvest their oils all over the world in their prime environment. Click Here if you want to get started using these 5 oils!
Wellness Advocate, BSN,RN