Essential oils are volatile aromatic compounds extracted from plants, fruit, seeds, roots, and bark and have powerful health benefits. They can be used for a wide array of purposes for your health, home, and homemade recipes.
Using essential oils to support your health is called aromatherapy and natural-minded, holistic people have been doing this for thousands of years. When essential oils enter the bloodstream, they have an effect on the whole body. They can enter the bloodstream through various application methods (diffusing, topical use, internal use) and circulate through the bloodstream and interact with tissues and cells throughout the body.
1) Lavender. Lavender has been cherished for it’s unmistakable aroma and beneficial properties for thousands of years. The Swiss Arm knife of plant medicine - all things calming.
2) Frankincense. Renowned as one of the most prized and precious essential oils, Frankincense has extraordinary health benefits. It’s soothing and beautifying properties are used to rejuvenate skin and reduce the appearance of imperfections. When in doubt, use Frankincense!
3) Melaleuca. More commonly known as “Tea Tree,” Melaleuca essential oil has over 92 different compounds and limitless applications.
4) Peppermint. The peppermint plant is a hybrid of the watermint plant and spearmint and is, personally, one oil I could not live without.
5) Lemon. The top-selling essential oil, Lemon has multiple benefits and uses. Lemon is a powerful cleansing agent that purifies the air and surfaces, and can be used as a non-toxic cleaner throughout the home.
Cleanses and purifies the air and surfaces
Naturally cleanses the body and aids in digestion
Promotes a positive mood
How to Use:
Add Lemon oil to a spray bottle and spray on surfaces, tables, sinks and countertops
Diffuse in your home to create a uplifting environment
Take 1-2 drops in a veggie capsule to assist with seasonal respiratory discomfort
Essential Oil Quality
The most important thing about essential oils is knowing that not all essential oils are created equal. Where a plant is grown has a major impact on it’s constitution, which then determines the potency of the plant. Additionally, harvesting the right part of the plant at the right time is a major determiner in the quality of an essential oil.
I did a lot of research into what oils I could trust. I would love to share with you the oils that I love and trust! They are a step above any other essential brand I have ever used. They have a very strict testing standards and harvest their oils all over the world in their prime environment. Click Here if you want to get started using these 5 oils!
Wellness Advocate, BSN,RN